About the job
Who you'll be working for: A leading Irish Main Contractor, currently working on heavy civil projects across Ireland, including, Civil, Building and Marine Engineering, currently have an opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor with a strong civil back round, to join them on an initial project in Dublin Port.
What you’ll need to have:
The successful candidate will have a degree in Civil Engineering / Quantity Surveying, 4-5 years + experience as a QS / PQS, with ideally experience of marine works.
They will be able to demonstrate innovative approaches to problem solving and the ability to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment as well as handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role.
What you’ll be doing:
This initial Framework project, (Marine) will take a year to complete, with a value of €15M, along with other projects that have been tendered for in the Dublin area.
The successful candidate will take full responsibility for all plans, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation on site.
- On-site measurement and measurement of drawings as required
- Identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
- Feasibility studies of clients requests
- Preparation of Subcontracts
- Analysing sub-contractors quotations
- Preparation and agreeing variation account
- Preparation and agreeing of interim valuations and final accounts
- Prepare and issue certification for contract payments to sub-contractors
- Providing evidence for resolution of disputes
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedure
What you’ll get in return:
Basic salary will be approx €60,000, depending on experience and abilities of the successful candidate, along with a full package put in place.
How to apply:
For more information click here or call +44(0)7724790015.